COMMITTED TO CARING FOR THE ENVIRONMENT.
We are an airline committed to caring for the environment. We were born with this idea in our DNA and that is why our aircraft fleet is made up entirely of Boeing 737-700 Next Generation aircraft, whose engines are more efficient and consume less fuel, resulting in less environmental impact. We are the first real green airline in Ecuador, we carry this badge with pride and with the commitment to be sustainable in all areas from day one, and to prove it, we will recover carbon emissions by 100% from our first flight.
Our environmental awareness is not only up in the air, on land we are not far behind and, thanks to our corporate culture, we take environmental responsibility to all our fields of action, either by using only low-consumption LED lights in all our offices or through Policies and standards for responsible water consumption in our operations. In addition, you can see and feel this commitment when you fly with us: in the glasses made with non-polluting materials, in the absence of single-use plastics when you enjoy a meal on board and in the feeling you will have knowing that your trip helps plant trees to offset the carbon footprint.
This is just the beginning, we invite you to fly with us towards a truly sustainable future.
We are waiting for you on board!
EQUAIR recommends that its passengers show up 3 hours before for their check-in.
New guidelines for entry to continental and insular Ecuador:
• The presentation of vaccination card, negative antigen test or PCR will not be required.
• The Traveler’s Health Declaration maintains its regular and mandatory process to enter Ecuador.
It must be completed digitally prior to boarding:
Entrance to Galapagos
From October 20 at 00:01 a.m. onwards, no traveler will be required to present a vaccination certificate with a complete vaccination plan, a negative antigen test 72 hours in advance or a negative PCR test.
a. In the event of an alert regarding an increase of COVID-19 cases in any country, the Ministry of Health shall inform the National EOC, in order to analyze the appropriateness of requesting entry requirements to the country exclusively for those who present these indicators.
b. The Ministry of Health, in its capacity as National Health Authority, is requested to continue with the epidemiological surveillance and the vaccination plan for the application of booster doses and it is established that the next meeting of the National COE shall be activated at the request of the National Health Authority.
What can be brought into Galapagos?
You can carry a backpack, purse or baby diaper bag as a personal item.
Location: It must fit under the front seat and not be an inconvenience to other passengers.
Maximum measurements: 45 cm x 35 cm x 25 cm (height, length and width)
You can take a carry-on suitcase with the following characteristics:
Maximum weight: 10 kilos
Maximum measurements: 55 cm x 35 cm x 25 cm (height, length and width) including wheels and handles.
Location: Upper compartments of the plane and should be light enough to handle by yourself.
If your hand luggage does not meet the required weight and measurements, it must be transported as checked-in baggage (if you already have a checked baggage, it will be checked in as additional baggage).
If you travel with a regular fare in Cacao class, you can take 1 luggage free of charge with the following characteristics:
Maximum weight: 23 kilos
Maximum measurements: 158 linear centimeters equivalent to the sum of the external dimensions (height + length + width)
If you travel in Gran Cacao class you can take 2 luggages free of charge with the aforementioned characteristics each.
If your luggage in the hold does not meet the required weight and measurements, you will have to pay an additional value. We take suitcases up to 300 linear centimeters paying the respective additional cost.
• If you transport liquids in your hand luggae, remember to carry only 100 ml per container and combined altogether, must not exceed 1 L.
• Avoid carrying flammable items or hazardous materials.
The best service, at the lowest price. Everything detailed below will have the value of 25 USD + VAT per trip.
• Unaccompanied Minor (UM)
• Pet in cabin max 10kg
• Sports team
• Musical instruments
• Electronic equipment
• Cabin upgrade service
• Extra suitcase of 23 kilos
This is just the beginning, we invite you to fly with us towards a truly sustainable future.
We are waiting for you on board!
The flights included in the Contract must be executed strictly in the order and dates contracted in accordance with the Ticket.
Any change in this will be governed by the conditions of the fare purchased, informed to the passenger during the reservation and at the time of signing this Contract.
The refund will be made in accordance with the conditions of the rate purchased and in accordance with the applicable legislation.
You can request special assistance in the following cases:
Physical, sensory or cognitive disability, reduced mobility, elderly, pregnancy, mother with baby.
We recommend that you make this minimum requirement 48 hours in advance (subject to availability).
At the time of boarding, during the flight and upon arrival at your destination, we will assist you in:
• Access to a special services counter at the airport.
• Priority for the boarding process.
• Priority in baggage reception upon arrival at your destination.
• Obtain guidance in your immigration or customs procedures.
• Pregnant passengers (from 29 to 39 weeks): Submit a medical certificate including dates of travel, destination and weeks of gestation. After week 40 they will not be able to travel.
Assistance will be provided to children and adolescents up to 12 years of age. * Adolescents between 12 and 17 years old is considered as an optional service.
How does it work?
• An airline official will accompany the minor throughout the boarding process until boarding the plane, where the assigned crew member will be attentive to the unaccompanied child throughout the flight.
• Upon arrival at your destination, the airline official will escort the minor to disembark and remove their luggage. The unaccompanied child will then be deliver to the person authorized by the parents.
Value of the service: $25 per route.
Our crew is not authorized to supply medications or provide any type of special or medical assistance, so if the minor is under medical treatment or has a disability condition, we will not be able to provide this service.
PET TRANSPORTATION SERVICE
Just like you, we love pets!
Pets can travel with you on most of our routes, if you previously reserve your space with our Call Center: 1800Equair or at our points of sale in Quito or Guayaquil.
You can request this service when booking your flight or at least 4 hours before the departure of your flight (subject to availability).
• Service is not available for the Galapagos Islands.
• Authorized pet: dogs, cats
PETS IN CABIN:
It is necessary to meet the following conditions:
• Pet must be at least 8 weeks old.
• Current vaccination certificate.
• The size and breed of your pet must be adequate to carry it safely in the cabin.
• Must be in good health and have a docile demeanor.
• You must take it inside a special transporter:
Transport Bag (Soft):
Measurements: 40 cm long X 33 cm wide X 23 cm high
Weight (between pet and container): 10 kg / 15 lbs
• The bag must have a closure that ensures that your pet does not come out during the flight.
Transport cage / Kennel (Hard):
36 cm long X 33 cm wide X 19 cm high
Weight (between pet and container): 10 kg
To assure the safety of your pet, the cage must have a metal door with double lock and that makes it impossible to introduce its snout or paw into the slot.
• The carrier cannot have wheels.
• Must fit under the front seat in a horizontal position. For safety, we cannot assign seats in the first row or in the emergency exit
• It must be made of resistant material and that the pet cannot destroy.
• Have enough space for your pet to move and turn.
• Have a leak-proof absorbent waterproof base and adequate ventilation.
Service price: $25 per way
• The conditions of the bag or cage must strictly comply with the aforementioned requirements, otherwise we will not be able to ship your pet.
• In case of receiving complaints from a passenger sitting next to you and your pet, you must be relocated to another seat. If we do not have another seat on the same flight, you must be relocated to another flight with your pet.
• Due to operational restrictions, Equair may transport a maximum of 5 pets per flight.
PETS IN HOLD: (Very soon the service will be available on our flights)
If your dog or cat exceeds the maximum size or weight allowed to travel in the cabin, don’t worry, you can take it safely in the hold of the plane:
• The specifications of your pet’s carrier (kennel) are essential to comply with what is necessary to protect your pet’s safety at all times.
• Similarly, your pet must be in good health, have a docile behavior, and be at least 8 weeks old.
• Only dogs and cats may travel in the hold.
Special cage for pets – Cellar
To guarantee the safety and well-being of your pet during the flight in the hold, it must comply with the following characteristics:
Linear of 300 cm (sum of height + Width + Length) with a maximum height of 115 cm. The distance between your head and the ceiling must be at least 5 cm.
Weight (total between pet and carrier): Up to 50 kg.
It is important that your pet has enough space:
• Width: that allows it to turn (equivalent to twice the width of the pet).
• High: that allows you to stand without any part of your body touching your ceiling.
• Length: that allows your pet to lie down without touching the walls (length of the pet plus the size of its legs).
We cannot transport brachycephalic breeds:
The cage must meet the following characteristics:
• The metal door must have a double lock, closing, that locks/secure the upper and lower part of the cage, and that makes it impossible for the pet to open the door. In addition, it must make it impossible to insert its snout or paw into the slot.
• The carrier material must be resistant to bending or firm pressure. Accepted materials are rigid plastic, solid wood, or metal.
• It must have a solid roof, without doors or ventilation openings where your pet can get out.
• A drinker that allows your pet to drink water during the flight without spilling.
• An absorbent waterproof base.
• Adequate ventilation. One of the ends of the cage must have complete ventilation (it can be the door, always maintaining the security requirement that makes it impossible for your pet to leave) and have upper ventilation holes on the three remaining sides, with spacer bars that prevent said spaces are covered by other baggage, maintaining the security that your pet cannot get out or introduce its limbs.
• Must not have wheels.
If the carrier does not meet the above requirements, for security reasons, your pet will not be shipped.
Important: This service will be subject to confirmation by our EQUAIR team.
Service Value: $70 per way
• Changes or refunds are subject to the conditions of the fare you purchased and must be requested before the departure of the flight.
• Search dogs for disaster survivors, with prior certification of their condition, are exempt from charges when traveling on humanitarian missions.
You can carry up to 2 pets in the hold, each in its own carrier. *Service subject to availability
Emotional Support Animals:
The transport of animals in the cabin as emotional support or assistance/guide dogs for people with disabilities is free of charge. Only one animal, dog or cat, is allowed per passenger depending on the space available on each aircraft.
Terms and Conditions:
The animal must be trained to behave correctly in spaces such as the aircraft cabin during the course of the flight. Must wear muzzle and leash at all times.
In case of being an emotional support dog, it must have an identification that accredits the dog as an emotional support animal.
The passenger must present at the window, a certificate issued by a qualified or licensed mental health doctor, whose issue does not exceed 90 days. The certificate must indicate that the passenger is under the treatment of a mental health professional and that the pet is required for emotional support to travel.
In all cases you must have your vaccination certificate up to date
Note: The doctor’s certificate must be original, signed, sealed and has a maximum duration of 90 days from its issuance.